Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/12/31

NEW DISCOVERIES AND NEW THOUGHTS FROM PARIS’ EXHIBITION: NO. 3


On the wall of exhibition at Louvre, I put up messages to the visitors;

Are you a voyant, seer?
Can you feel great nature’s emotions?
Can you read water’s expressions in the currents?

It was my letter of challenge to everyone, as well as a warning for the art being so exaggerating on techniques, and showing off of the ego of the artists.

At the same time, I wanted to express my feeling to proud of Japanese people’s sense of art, saying “you would not understand the delicacy of these works. We, Japanese, have acute sense to understand these expressions of nature”. 

Contrary to what I expected, it was a good and surprising miscalculation that I encountered so many people who shared the same understandings of my works.  Moreover, I have to admit that I met more people who had deeper understanding and compassion towards my work in these cross-cultural circumstances.  That makes me confident that true beauty and ultimate sensation towards the art can be shared transcending borders and races.

Around the turn of the year, each person’s strong will is the ultimate power to create new future.

Photo: Yu Nozaki