Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/08/31

Perspiration from holy water

How much did I sweat during this summer?  Perspiration helps to control the body temperature.  Ninety nine percent of the sweat is water.  Recently I encountered scenes in which the sweat was shinning.

Japan and the US team met at a Women’s World Cup final the other day.  By looking at drenching sweats from Nadeshiko-Japan’s uniform, I felt a tightening in my chest, and found myself close to tears.  Their daily sweating efforts and thrilling games, which made audience sweat in their palms, led them to a world champion.

The news brought hope and courage to the nation which had been somewhat depressed after the series of earthquakes and disaster after March 11th.  Their achievement is well-deserved for the National People's Honor Award. 

I saw the same kind of perspiration the other day as well.

I went to see Esmeralda, a ballet concert, in which a daughter of my friend performed.  About a year ago, she was called for the main cast, and the concert was the opportunity to show all the efforts she had made during the practices. 

The stage must have been so hot from the spots light.  She was at elevated mood and must felt pressures too.  Under those conditions, she finished dancing 2 hours marathon like performance.  Her smile at a curtain call was especially shinning beautifully. 

From point to point during the performance, her sweats appeared to me were like blessed sacred water for her yearlong effort and conquered the challenge.