Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/08/31

Observe the truth of the woods.

Recently, I went to a river after a long time.  I went deep in the mountain.  I could not see the sky because the greens glow so close together.  In such a place, the air is so fresh and I can deeply breaths to fill up my lung.

Away from the trail, there was a stream running in a whirl making a sound like a drumroll.  When I found a path to the stream, I slowly walked down to it while I held my ‘kit’ in my arms; a deck chair, a blanket, snacks, a tea pot, and a book.

There, you can see a little waterfall basin surrounded by small gravels.  The water falls down about 3 meters, and its sound absorbs every noise around to occupy my ears.  I reclined in a deckchair and spent my luxurious time.  When I looked up, various trees, big and small, stretched their foliages in their own distinct ways.

I never got bored looking at the handsome foliages for their unique shapes.  There was a tree grown beautifully on a big rock rather than on the earth, but rooted on it firmly.  A big branch laid in the river and backed up the water.  Still, the water flushed from the sides and I saw the power of the flow.  Facing at this wonderful nature, I could only describe this as beautiful at best.  Water, woods, and birds… they only do their truth without getting tired of doing so.

The wind which blew over the river is cooling.  Only within half an hour or so, I started to feel chill, and covered myself with a blanket.
Even the wind did its truth.  Those water, trees, birds, and wind keep the woods alive today, and also nurture them to grow even 10 or 50 years from now. 

Photo:Go Shigetomi