Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/09/01

Water comes together with time.

In Japanese, we say ‘time flows’.  When I was 18 years old, I wondered and wanted to see how it flows.  That is how I started Ryusuimon.  When I think of water and time, here is the reason why I think those are related.  Time means the changes and transformations of materials on the earth, and if water plays important role to the activities, I thought the way water flows resembles to that of time’s.  I came up with the idea when I was 40 years old, and since then, I kept visiting rivers over 20 years.

My friends wonder why I can keep doing it for such a long time, and ask what attracts me so much.  Yet, it is interesting for me.  It would never be the same.  Every single time, it is different.  If not, it is not a reflection of time.

Time always varies.  It varies from moment to moment.  The reason for the variation is water, therefore, water varies accordingly.  That attracts me a lot.  The variations help things to grow.

“Great Awakening”

Atmosphere shifts and becomes wind.
Wind calls for clouds and create water.
Water flows and becomes time.
Time goes by, and creates beauty.
Beauty brings shimmers to life,
And it awakes one’s inner light.

If you are more conscious about water and time in your life, you can lead a leisurely life.  It is also important to put your work and everyday life in order.