Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2012/04/02

CONVERSATION WITH LEONARD DA VINCI: NO. 1


I already mentioned about Leonard da Vince in my earlier entry in January.  Today, I feel like writing a letter to him 550 years ago.
You have left numerous masterpieces. 
You have brought rays of hope to humans showing your observation skills and innovative techniques as a scientist and artist.  Every time I encounter your name, I become very respectful.  Besides paintings, you also left many sketches and notes on plants, animals, and water; which are very suggestive about humans’ future.   
Among your works, however, your study on water draws my attention because I also have played with water for 35 years in flowing rivers, and came to understand a bit of its nature.
Here is my speculation about Mona Lisa, and I would like to know your opinion about it.
Firstly, about two rivers which flow down from the high mountains in the back of Mona Lisa.  To me, right and left side of the picture doesn’t seem continuous, and I wonder why. 
Did you capture water as a symbol of time, I mean flux of time?
This speculation comes from my experience with water.  After long involvement with water, I came to a conclusion that water and time is inseparable. 
Each side of the rivers from the rocky hills signifies past and future.
A bridge close to Mona Lisa’s left shoulder connects past and future.  Mona Lisa lies in the middle as a represent of present moment.  What does her gentle smile signify?  Since you like to keep secrets from other people, I suppose you have embedded a hidden message to us.
I am looking forward to your reply.