Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2012/02/24

WATER: NO.11 AMNIOTIC FLUID/ WATERS


Amniotic fluid in mothers’ body is like a home for all the living beings.  I wonder how it is made.  Does it come after the life is created in a womb, or does it exist already in women’s body when they were born?
I heard that the constituents of amniotic fluid are very similar to the one of ancient sea water.  If that is true, it can be said that women are holding sea in their body.  I wonder that living beings in the fluid are floating on, or soaked in it.

I like to be in a swimming pool and stretch my legs and arms while floating; the slow movements of my body, rocking, and playing with the water make me feel as if I am in a womb.  I breathe with my lung, but my life form does so with branchia.  The shift of breathing happens at the first exhalation with the initial cry of the baby.  Then, the baby inhales the oxygen for the first time on the earth.

Photo : Yu Nozaki