Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/08/06

The spirit of the valley never dies.

“The spirit of the valley never dies.”
This is a sentence from a sacred scripture of Taoism.  They often use water as a metaphor which exemplifies the movements of Tao.  

The valley is a place where the water began to well up.  Therefore, it is a source of life and will never die.

Lately, it has become very popular to visit “power spots” among young people.  However, what makes the place to have “power”?  They say freaky, spelled, or grotesque atmosphere is more popular among those spots.

At one time, I often visited rivers and waterfalls seeking for negative ions.  That sounds more reasonable than visiting freaky spots. 

As a person who visited and played with rivers on a regular basis past 30 years, I would like to recommend the valley as the best “power spots”.

The rain falls on the mountains, and flows down following the slopes.  It goes deeper in the mud and stones, and leaf soils filter it.  It finally appears on the ground at valley with rich nutrients from the earth.  That is how the water at valley is full of fresh energy. 

I create my work at valleys.  After I spend three to four hours there, I feel so refreshed, and feel the energy welling up my body from inside.  During summer I often go to the valley for a nap in order to recharge the energy.  I put a deckchair in a current of the river; read books, drink coffee, eat a piece of cake, and take a nap there.  This is so simple; however, I feel so refreshed and fulfilled. 

I feel the water on my back and nice breeze blows over my body.  I would feel chilly even during the mid-summer.  Or, dip in the river with naked foot, and feel the water clinging around my ankles; I feel the power of rejuvenation.

I strongly recommend visiting valleys if you are interested in “power spot” for this summer.