Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2011/07/26

The season’s 6th typhoon came to the islands


This season’s 6th typhoon was slow moving and brought lots of rain to the Japanese islands.  It caused damages as well.  However, we are so get used to have typhoons in this season of the year that few of us thought of damages to one’s neighbors.  Do we even call them “unexpected” when it actually happened?

This time, I asked a big favor of the typhoon not to even get closer to Tohoku area, where they had big damages from the past earthquakes.  “At least, you can approach to Kanto area, but then please go and disappear on the Pacific Ocean”; that was my prayer for the typhoon.  It seemed that my prayer was accepted, and the typhoon veer off to the east and disappeared without hitting the country.  I was happy that my prayer got answered. 

Every time it rains, I thank for it because they give lives to the earth.  Raining is the only means to acquire the water.  Water is a blessing from the sky.

When I reflect on that, we have to deal better with typhoons and heavy rains.  Rather to hate them, we can welcome them and even asking like “it is enough for now to this area, and you can go to other places where water is needed.” 

The water which exists at present is the same water from 3.5 billion years ago.  Jesus’ tears, Buddha’s sweat, Prince Shotoku’s running nose, for example, do exist somewhere on the earth at this very moment.  I may have drunk the water somewhere in the past.

Water is believed that it is an organ of communication in the natural world.  So, our prayers may get answered in the water world.  I do believe in that, and I ask favors of the water when I create a new artwork in the river.  I say it out loud; “Please let me capture a good figure of you.”  Sometimes, I feel that the water actually hears my prayer.