Top   Profile   Gallery   Links

2012/01/08

A THOUGHT FOR LEONARD DA VINCI: NO. 1

Since I mentioned about Leonard Da Vince in New Year’s message, I would like to share my interests in him.

After ten years since I started Ryusuimon, I came across articles and sketches on water by Da Vince.  Through my time I spent with my artwork, I was made to realize his accuracy and fineness on watching, depicting, and expressing the water.  The more I spent time with water, the more strong I felt to show my work to Da Vince.  It came to a point which made me convinced that Da Vince would say to see my work; “this is what I wanted to see!” if he were alive today. 
Since then, my vision is to have a collaborated exhibition of Da Vince’s water sketches and my Ryusuimon, having crossing 550 years of time and have conversation through our works.

Da Vince, as a great natural scientist who aspired the eternal life of the earth, once warned people with a catastrophic flood for abusing the water.  Therefore, I believe this event will become a very important opportunity to share the importance and preciousness of water with people all over the world,